Over the last month, the very generous Valerie from Atlanta Mom of Three and Mommy Training Wheels have nominated me for some blogging awards. As a terribly un-attentive blogger (I have my good weeks 😉 I haven’t stumbled onto WordPress to blog myself and as such have rudely left the awarders un-thanked and the awards unaccepted.
One of my fellow bloggers accepted a couple of awards in one post – I;ve decided to steal this idea. To add to the crime, I’ve scrolled through me Reader and (hanging head in shame) can’t find the post to acknowledge the brilliant mamma who came up with this idea. If it was you, please, please, please comment and post a link to your blog!!!!
I will combine the criteria for the awards together into one acceptance post! Please excuse the length of it! Some time in the near future I will do a post linking you to some of my favourite blogs.
11 Facts About Me
1. This is the first time I have written a post on a computer and I’m not enjoying it!!
2. I was born and lived for 7 years in the UK in a fabulously English looking house, close to a village green.
3. After moving to Australia, I spent the next chapter of my life living a fabulously Australian life on land which housed koalas and possums and snakes and also backed onto a creek and the ‘bush’. We even found gold on our property.
4. I get horribly homesick and always have. Until highschool I couldn’t make it through a sleep over without my parents being called to collect me,
5. I hate making phonecalls and would rather drive to ask my questions or send an email!
6. I’m terrified of public transport. Just when I hit the age where I wanted to get around, I met my husband who already had a license and car so I was spoilt and never needed to drive anywhere!
7. Up until the birth of C I was an avid netballer. Lived at the netball courts in my younger days, regularly played twice a week in my later teens and adult life! My pelvis and hips have still not recovered from the turbulent arrival of C.
8. On the arrival of C – I have had 2 precipitate labours – I’ve been in labour less than 2 1/2 hours in my entire life with two healthy girls as evidence!
9. I can consume a horrendous amount of chocolate and biscuits in a very short time.
10. I am addicted to reality-style tv shows – The Block, Masterchef, My Kitchen Rules, Big Brother… you name it!
11. We moved into the house we built 6 years ago and are still no where near finished
3 Things I love about motherhood
1) No matter how bad the world around you seems, no matter how bad the day has been, no matter how many mistakes you have made, there is always someone who loves you unconditionally and will show you that will a cuddle!
2) Getting to watch my children grow and develop into their own little people. Getting excited at each new development, new movement, new word!
3) Always having a friend to talk to – it might be about dolly and her sore leg or a bunch of ‘ma, da, ba’ jibberish but you’re never lonely!
Answer’s to Questions asked about me:
1.If you could be any animal, what would you be? A fly – I’m a gossip and would love to listen in on people’s lives somewhat un-noticed!
2. If something were named in your honor what would it be? A block of chocolate?!! Seriously, I think I show an incredible amount of resilience when life slaps me in the face so a resilience award would be nice to acknowledge the times I’ve held it together when I could have fallen apart.
3. If you could change your name what would you change it to? I’ve always loved my name but did go through a phase where I wanted to change the spelling!
4. What’s the furthest away from home you’ve been? My current home – Malaysia. Will trump that with Hawaii in October!
5. What’s your favourite drink? It was Diet Coke until my husband banished soft drink from our home in his quest for sugar-free’ness. Now it’s a naughty hot choccie with my bestie in the evening or with my girls when we go to the shops!
6. What came first the chicken or the egg? The egg
7. If you could learn another language what would it be? I used to speak, read and write Mandarin but have forgotten it all. I’d like to re-learn!
8. Besides blogging what are your hobbies? Hobbies have been somewhat absent in my post-baby life. I seem to be so time poor…or waste so much time on time-wasting activities! I train with a group of neighbours and a personal trainer once a week and I run. Running has got me through some very, very dark days and it really is me-time and the only time I can genuinely say I don’t think about my kids and everything that needs to get done. I have dabbled in scrapbooking and sewing but seriously lack the fine motor skills to be successful at either.
9. What is the funniest board/table game you’ve ever played? No board games are fun when I play with my incredibly competitive husband! In fact over the years we have stopped being invited to games nights! Absolute Baulderdash is my favourite though!
10. Complete this sentence. Clouds are funny because… they have the choice to be light and skinny and yet choose to be round and fat!